Friday, October 16, 2020

A Little Minty


Oh my goodness!
I went live with my Corsican Mint Socks in August and it has been crickets ever since!
I have a few patterns in the works. They are actually all written up, and at the photographing stage. Photos can be so hard on me. I have to wait for a good day physically, and the weather has to cooperate. It takes every ounce of energy to get the photos fabulous, and then it takes at least another week for me to get the photos edited and the patterns published.
I'm having low blood pressure issues with some low estrogen to boot. I'm pretty much in sloth mode even on coffee. I don't want the sloth to be my spirit animal, but right now I think it's winning. I have two amazing patterns just waiting to be published. Until I have the energy to get them up and running I would like to welcome you all to try my Corsican Mint Socks. They really are a simple pattern, but the design layout and lacy top make them feel quite complex. They are shown as ankle socks, but they can easily be converted to full length socks.

I can smell the mint now!
I sometimes go sit in my flower beds and run my hands through my corsican mint. I close my eyes and feel the delicate flowers, and the plush bed of soft tiny green leaves. The sweet aroma of mint fills my lungs and calms my spirit. It helps me reach for tomorrow, and enjoy the beauty of today. I know my neighbors probably think I'm crazy, and maybe I am a little, but I love growing things. I love making my world around me more beautiful. I may not be able to bring life to the world from inside me, but I can bring life to the world through the earth and the plants I help flourish. These socks are a representation of the life this plant brings out of me. They are soft and welcoming, and feel like summer green.
To sunshine and flowers

(The Bits N Bob's Girl)

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment