Friday, October 9, 2020

Fall Spinning

Fall is upon us. All summer I dream about spinning. I get excited and inspired. I run to my spinning wheel ready to make beautiful yarn. My hands sweat, and the fibers stick to me everywhere, and I remember why I don't spin in the summer. It sadly all gets put away again until the temperatures drop below 65. This is why I love Fall so much in the Pacific Northwest.
I am very much an outdoors kind of gal. If I can be outside when the sun is shining I feel like I am accomplishing life. Heck! If I can be outdoors when it is overcast, but not raining I feel happier. I stick to knitting small cotton things or socks over the summer. It's my season for sewing, and painting, and planting. I always feel like I'm missing something though. So when the temperatures drop and I start getting my itch to spin again, I remember the joy making yarn brings me.

This is my fall project. It's quiet and simple on my low energy body. This is a Yak/Merino blend. It has a catchy name: Red. I love it. It is the color I will knit my Midsummer Rose Shawl with. I have beads and thread waiting patiently. It's been 1 year in the making now since summer and my health put everything on hold. That's ok though. Slow and steady wins the race, and spinning is supposed to be fun right?
What are you working on this winter?
 
- The Bits N Bob's Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment